Re: [Banshee-List] "Party shuffle" extension?

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 12:06 -0700, IBBoard wrote:
> I'm experimenting with a move from Exaile to Banshee (I'm in a mood for
> change - Fedora to openSuse, Eclipse PDT to Geany, and now this :D) and I
> thought it might have a "party shuffle" plugin/extension with similar
> behaviour to iTunes and Amarok.
>
> There has been an extension for it back in 2006
> (http://osdir.com/ml/gnome.mono.banshee/2006-04/msg00105.html) but the link
> is dead and it probably isn't compatible with the latest Banshee. Apparently
> Amarok has had "party shuffle" functionality for ages, as has iTunes, but
> none of the Gnome players seem to have it.
>
> I know I can create dynamic/smart playlists, but I want to have the "party
> shuffle" functionality of showing the last X (normally 5, I think) played
> songs and a random queue of Y songs (normally about 20) that you can remove
> songs from and rearrange. I know I can just use the standard shuffle, but
> back when I used Windows and iTunes I found it useful to see the recently
> played songs and remove songs I didn't want before they even started.
>
> If anyone knows of any plugins or thinks it would be interesting to add (or
> has any other information :) ) then that'd be great.

You might want to take a look at the Mirage extension :
http://hop.at/mirage/

It might not do exactly what you want, the songs it suggests are not
random, they're similar to the one(s) you've started the playlist with.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>