Re: [Banshee-List] how to connect Banshee 1.4 to a DAAP share

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 13:19, amlucent <amlucent gmail com> wrote:
I think it would be a awesome feature if you would add an option to manually
connect to a DAAP server like Rythembox has...  If you dont want to dedicate
a spot for it in the menu i think that if you made the "Open Location"
option have the ability to open a daap server that would work.

I am not looking at it right now going from memory but what i am requesting
would be to click File->Open Location  and then be able to enter
"daap://hostname".  That would be gravy for me. :-D

That wouldn't be very worthwhile to code since a) everything should present itself and connect automatically and b) it probably wouldn't help in your case. :)

Felix suggested some debugging steps that would help to figure out the cause of any bug in Banshee; if you're able to provide the details that command would produce it'd be helpful in improving Banshee.

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net