Re: [Banshee-List] Meaning of Source class and its subclasses and Models

Am Samstag, den 24.01.2009, 17:50 +0100 schrieb Jiří Zárevúcký:
> 2009/1/24 Christoph Burgdorf <christoph burgdorf bvsn org>:
> >>
> >> I'm sure somebody else can give you a more thorough answer, but Sources
> >> are items that appear on the left, like Now Playing, the Play Queue,
> >> each Playlist, Last.fm, etc.  I forget the exact distinction between the
> >> different subclasses, but now that you know that it should be easy to
> >> figure it out by comparing what you see in Banshee with what you see in
> >> the code.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Sandy
> >
> > I raised that question on this list some weeks ago but now I would like
> > to raise it again. Wouldn't it be possible to organize some kind of
> > "banshee classroom". I mean regularly IRC meetings where banshee
> > developers teach beginners about the code. From a beginners standpoint,
> > the code is huge and it's difficult to get through. I guess there are
> > many people out there who would like to contribute more to the project
> > but are lacking experience. I know that Im asking someone for his
> > precious time but I guess it would be worth it. And once a beginner has
> > got more experience he could be the next teacher for the "banshee
> > classroom".
> >
> > Just a thought...
> >
> > Christoph
> >

> I believe it would be more productive, if developers created some sort
> of source code documentation...

Of course a good documentation helps to get into the project, too. But I really like
the idea of having a teacher who can be asked questions etc. Im kinda inspired by the
ubuntu classroom thing. They teach about packaging and stuff like that and there is one
room for the "students" where they can raise questions and one room where only the teacher
can speak in. He can pick questions and answer them and then just go on with the stuff he
would like to teach in his lesson. And of course the minutes can be placed somewhere (maybe
live.gnome.org) and are somehow a documentation as well.