Re: [Banshee-List] Meaning of Source class and its subclasses and Models

Am Samstag, den 24.01.2009, 07:25 -0800 schrieb Sandy Armstrong:
> On 01/23/2009 08:45 PM, Eric Schultz wrote:
> > I’m trying to understand what certain classes do in Banshee. I’m very
> > confused as to the purpose of the Source class and its subclasses like
> > PrimarySource, LibrarySource and so on. What is it that a Source
> > represents and what do they actually do? I guess a basic summary of its
> > purposes and use would be helpful
>
> I'm sure somebody else can give you a more thorough answer, but Sources
> are items that appear on the left, like Now Playing, the Play Queue,
> each Playlist, Last.fm, etc.  I forget the exact distinction between the
> different subclasses, but now that you know that it should be easy to
> figure it out by comparing what you see in Banshee with what you see in
> the code.
>
> Best,
> Sandy

I raised that question on this list some weeks ago but now I would like
to raise it again. Wouldn't it be possible to organize some kind of
"banshee classroom". I mean regularly IRC meetings where banshee
developers teach beginners about the code. From a beginners standpoint,
the code is huge and it's difficult to get through. I guess there are
many people out there who would like to contribute more to the project
but are lacking experience. I know that Im asking someone for his
precious time but I guess it would be worth it. And once a beginner has
got more experience he could be the next teacher for the "banshee
classroom".

Just a thought...

Christoph