[Banshee-List] Meaning of Source class and its subclasses and Models

I’m trying to understand what certain classes do in Banshee. I’m very confused as to the purpose of the Source class and its subclasses like PrimarySource, LibrarySource and so on. What is it that a Source represents and what do they actually do? I guess a basic summary of its purposes and use would be helpful

I also don’t understand what the BansheeModelCache does. Obviously it caches something in the database but what and when are they cached?

Eric