[Banshee-List] Can't import files without filename extensions?

So in trying to fix my last.fm audio scrobbling problem, I deleted the
configuration directories...

./.config/banshee*
./.cache/banshee*
./.gconf/apps/banshee

Now, data is kept somewhere else, because banshee came up with most of my
settings intact (just not the database).  It also started scrobbling
(hooray!).  So I tried to re-import all my music, and failed miserably
(boo!).

I use my Rio Karma not only as a portable player, but as a USB drive that
banshee reads from.  Now, apparently, banshee doesn't want to read the files
off of the karma, possibly because of a lack of any suffix/extension on the
filename.  I copied one of the files over to my local Music directory, and
it still wouldn't import until I added a ".ogg" extension onto the filename.
That seems rather silly.

The 1.2 version of banshee read those files in just fine, did this go away
for any particular reason?

Jason!