Re: [Banshee-List] iPod Synch issue

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM, plainOldFool <ttruhn gmail com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a REALLY good format converter for Mint?  I'd hate to
> have to log into Windows if I can avoid it.

If you know what you are doing, gst-launch / gst-launch-0.10 is an
incredibly powerful tool.  I use stuff like this to convert the audio
in an flv to an Ogg Vorbis file, for example:

gst-launch filesrc location=somefile.flv ! decodebin name=d d. !
audioconvert ! vorbisenc quality=0.4 ! oggmux ! filesink
location=somefile.ogg d. ! fakesink

You can do something similar for MP3:

gst-launch filesrc location=somefile.flv ! decodebin name=d d. !
audioconvert ! lame ! filesink location=somefile.mp3 d. ! fakesink

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com