Re: [Banshee-List] Not minimizing to tray

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 11:38 -0800, bartver wrote:
> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 08:55 -0800, civint wrote:
> >
> > But does the notification area icon even appear to begin with? If it
> > does, run banshee --debug in the console and attach the output here when
> > you close the window please. If it doesn't, then you must enable the
> > "Notification Area Icon" extension.
> > --
> > Chow Loong Jin

> Hello,
> I just read this thread because I googled for the same reason. The banshee
> icon does not appear in the notification area of gnome. I have an up to date
> ubuntu 8.10 system and no other problems with the notification area.
> I attach the debug information. Can someone advise me here?
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p22126045/banshee-debug-output
> banshee-debug-output

The following lines show that there's something wrong with notify-sharp
on your system :

Assembly not found: notify-sharp, Version=0.4.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=2df29c54e245917a
WARNING: [Banshee.NotificationArea,1.0] Could not load some add-in assemblies: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

Do you have it installed on your system ? Which package did you install it from ?

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>