Re: [Banshee-List] how do you get to advanced configuration/preferences?

2008/9/15 Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com>:
> 2008/9/15 Benjamín Valero Espinosa <benjavalero gmail com>
>> Well, in most cases perhaps the right place would be a Preferences dialog
>> for some extensions.

I don't want a separate prefs dialog per extension (or per extension
that has preferences).  They should all go into the main preferences
dialog, including, IMO, the last.fm login 'dialog'.

>> At this moment, extensions can just be enabled or
>> disabled, or we can show the details of them. For example, Last.fm info of
>> the user and the password.

This isn't entirely true - it's incredibly easy for extensions to add
Preferences (including new tabs or sections) to Banshee's preferences
dialog.  For example, the entire Audio CDs tab is added by the AudioCD
extension.

> I think the current setup works well; adding separate Preferences tabs or
> whatnot for extensions would be a little much, IMO.

It really depends.  I want to add separate tabs for Music, Video and
Podcast - where podcasting is an extension and would be adding its own
tab.  And put the Audio CD tab's options under Music.  But I agree,
one tab per extension would be ridiculous.  It's worth spending quite
a bit of thought on creating tabs and organizing preferences (and even
deciding which should be exposed).

Gabriel