[Banshee-List] how do you get to advanced configuration/preferences?

it seems like there are little to no options that the user has control of in
banshee.  is there any way to select:

* the broswer that links are opened in (i use kde but it always opens the
gnome browser)

* the encoder it uses for ripping (it always says no encoder for flac even
though sound juicer, kaudiocreator and other programs have no problem with
flac. i know it uses gstreamer but i have good, bad, ugly and base all
installed and still nothing)

* the database it uses for querying cds (like other users, there are many
cds that it does not find but sound juicer, amarok, kaudiocreator all find)

it's really frustrating to get errors that shouldn't show up and then not
have anywhere to turn to in order to correct them.  i tried searching all
files and folders for banshee but got nothing.  is there really no way to
change any of those settings? i think there are other settings i wanted to
tweak, too...can't think of them right now.

i understand that maybe two many menus and too complex an "Edit
preferences..." menu would scare away many users but why not have some sort
of about:config file or a more classic POSIX config file stored in a
directory somewhere.  Maybe there is one and I just can't find it.

banshee with all the default settings still rocks amarok, songbird (though i
haven't tried out 0.7 yet) and anything else i've used--but the inability to
tweak it leaves me pulling my hair out a lot of the time!

btw, running 1.2 on debian. kde 4.1.1 with gnome installed also.