Re: [Banshee-List] Getting Podcasts onto my G1

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Sandy Armstrong
<sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
> Yes, I am using MassStorage support.  When speaking of sources, I mean
> Banshee sources.  All files go on the device under "Music/", and I
> presume Banshee is looking at file types to decide which to show under
> its own Music and Video sources...I guess I'll need to look at the code
> to see how Banshee determines that a file should appear under a device's
> Podcast source.
>
> The G1's music player is stupid and doesn't know about Podcasts, so I'm
> really just curious how to make this look right on the Banshee end.

Ah, I misunderstood.  Banshee knows to put them in the Podcasts
subsource if they have genre of Podcast.  On iPods and MTP devices we
write the genre to their db when we sync, but for MassStorage we don't
write it to file before syncing so it's not there to be read when we
are loading the device.  See the TODO on line 431 of
src/Dap/Banshee.Dap.MassStorage/Banshee.Dap.MassStorage/MassStorageSource.cs

Gabriel