Re: [Banshee-List] Will Banshee support Samba shares in the next release?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:13 PM, s0l1dsnak3123 <s0l1dsnak3123 gmail com> wrote:

> I am using nautilus to browse my server. Quite a few programs seem to support
> it out of the box, and if this was natively supported without any hacks or
> requirements, it would really make me use this program more than any others
> (I'm currently using Totem, as it supports it natively, and it seems not to
> work on Rhythmbox either).

If I remember correctly its GVFS which an app needs to support like
nautilus does. Its fairly new hence why only a few gnome orientated
apps that support it. I am not sure if there is a Mono interface for
it, if not then it would be a fairly large amount of work to support
it. That said Banshee does abstract all the File IO rather than using
the standard .net methods directly. That would make it fairly
straightforward to implement once you had access to it from Mono. Not
sure if its on anyone's To Do list though.

As the others have said if you use a system wide mount point it will
work fine. So I think for most cirumstances like you described its not
really nessary.

Charlie