Re: [Banshee-List] Opening trunk in MonoDevelop

Hi,

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 10:37 -0700, Jon Cosby wrote:
> I'm trying to open the trunk (banshee 1) in MonoDevelop. There is a
> warning on opening the mds:
>
> Files in variable 'ASSEMBLY_CSFILES' contains variables which cannot be
> parsed without the path to configure.in being set. Ignoring such files.

I have the same warning, no clue as to the reason.

> A search for this variable in the source directory turns up nothing.
> Attempting to compile there is an error:
>
> Building Banshee.DapCore
> make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

I have a vague recollection of someone (Aaron ?) saying that building
with MonoDevelop is not supported for now, as it's too much of a pain to
maintain two build processes. Couldn't find it in the archives.

> The Makefile is missing in Dap (Digital Audio Player?), DapCore and
> DapMassStorage. I've run autogen.sh and make. "make run" starts banshee
> without problems, although it doesn't detect my media player. Has anyone
> else been able to open this in MD?

Media player detection is currently not functionnal in trunk. See
"Currently Missing Features" in
http://banshee-project.org/Releases/0.98.1 , and
http://banshee-project.org/Roadmap

Cheers,

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>