[Banshee-List] Opening trunk in MonoDevelop

I'm trying to open the trunk (banshee 1) in MonoDevelop. There is a
warning on opening the mds:

Files in variable 'ASSEMBLY_CSFILES' contains variables which cannot be
parsed without the path to configure.in being set. Ignoring such files.

A search for this variable in the source directory turns up nothing.
Attempting to compile there is an error:

Building Banshee.DapCore
make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

The Makefile is missing in Dap (Digital Audio Player?), DapCore and
DapMassStorage. I've run autogen.sh and make. "make run" starts banshee
without problems, although it doesn't detect my media player. Has anyone
else been able to open this in MD?