Re: [Banshee-List] Opening trunk in MonoDevelop

2008/3/16 Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>:
>  On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 10:37 -0700, Jon Cosby wrote:
>  > I'm trying to open the trunk (banshee 1) in MonoDevelop. There is a
>  > warning on opening the mds:
>  >
>  > Files in variable 'ASSEMBLY_CSFILES' contains variables which cannot be
>  > parsed without the path to configure.in being set. Ignoring such files.
>
>  I have the same warning, no clue as to the reason.

I've seen this also, but w/ no other affect than being annoying on startup.

>  > A search for this variable in the source directory turns up nothing.
>  > Attempting to compile there is an error:
>  >
>  > Building Banshee.DapCore
>  > make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
>  >

>  I have a vague recollection of someone (Aaron ?) saying that building
>  with MonoDevelop is not supported for now, as it's too much of a pain to
>  maintain two build processes. Couldn't find it in the archives.

Banshee DOES support MonoDevelop.

>  > The Makefile is missing in Dap (Digital Audio Player?), DapCore and
>  > DapMassStorage. I've run autogen.sh and make. "make run" starts banshee
>  > without problems, although it doesn't detect my media player. Has anyone
>  > else been able to open this in MD?
>
>  Media player detection is currently not functionnal in trunk. See
>  "Currently Missing Features"

Not only is it not functional, it's purposefully disabled from the
build because what is in trunk is not at all finished.  If your
MonoDevelop is trying to build it (which mine isn't), you probably
have a bug in your version of MonoDevelop.  Try disabling that
assembly from the build.

Cheers,

Gabriel