Re: [Banshee-List] Some features I would definitely like for Banshee 1.2 !

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Chris Van Steenlandt
<Chris vansteenlandt telenet be> wrote:
> - Manually adding cover art : I've seen several solutions proposed (like the
> old 'cover.jpg' in the track's directory) but according to me the most
> elegant and versatile is that you either 1) drag an image over where the
> cover art is shown (I believe this used to be possible) but that you can
> also 2) right click on the cover art which would open up a dialog window to
> select a .jpg file, the default directory would be the one of the song
> currently playing; you can than still select you're beloved 'cover.jpg'.
> - Upon initially collection cover art for the first time, Banshee should
> first check out the album directory to see if a .jpg/.jpeg file is available
> and then take that one in stead of start searching directly on the internet.
> Note that you then best have only one .jpg file in your directory.
> - Using the replay gain option when playing back songs. It's not neccesary
> that Banshee calculates the Replay gain tag for you, it would be sufficient
> to just use it.

I'd like to propose the following behavior:

1) if the file has embedded artwork, use that
2) if the there is a cover file in the album directory, embed it and go to 1
3) try to find a cover online and if successful, embed it and go to 1
4) if user drags/picks a new cover, embed in in all the files
belonging to that album/compilation and go to 1

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution