Re: [Banshee-List] Multi-Artist albums

2008/7/23 Steven Coté <steven cote gmail com>:
We are working on making the browsers (filters) configurable, so it'd
be entirely reasonable to have a "Track Artists" and an "Album
Artists" filter.  We'd keep the track artists on by default, but you
would be able to choose either (or neither or both) if you wanted.

Ah, now that's interesting... So what would that look like?

I'm imagining that by default it would look identical to the way it does now (two browser panes, defaulting to Album and Track Artist), and then you could change what each pane is actually browsing. So if you prefer to browse by Album Artist rather than Track Artist, simply change a pane to that field (similar to what Peter de Kraker suggested). Is that what you mean?

As of yesterday (http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/banshee?view=revision&revision=4238), there was no UI code for this yet. Maybe Gabriel and Aaron have some ideas already, or maybe they would appreciate some input? (I too wonder what it would look like.)