Re: [Banshee-List] Multi-Artist albums

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:21:31PM +0200, Martin Raißle wrote:
> First, in the artist section, there is still every artist listet. So if
> I have a compilation of 20 songs from 20 different artists, I get 20
> entries in this section each containing only one track. I don't know if

The reason I _put_ the separate artist in the artist field of the TAG is
because I want to know which artist did each song.
So e.g. a "tribute" album (like A Tribute To Joni Mitchell) is ONE
single album, but separate artists for each track).

So I do like the current behaviour, when I want a view of the whole
album, I sort ON the album title.

> from an artist, I'd like to put them somewhere, where they don't mess up
> my "artists" section. Like "various artists" (i.e. the way amaroK does
> it). That would be useful when syncing to an ipod too.

I sometimes use an album like "single tracks" for that kind of tracks,
as to collect them in some kind of album.
--