Re: [Banshee-List] Multi-Artist albums

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 02:52:16PM +0200, Michal Sawicz wrote:
> On Å?ro, 2008-07-23 at 13:46 +0200, Eef Hartman wrote:
> >
> > The reason I _put_ the separate artist in the artist field of the TAG
> > is
> > because I want to know which artist did each song.
> > So e.g. a "tribute" album (like A Tribute To Joni Mitchell) is ONE
> > single album, but separate artists for each track).
>
> That's why there're TWO artist tags - 'Track Artist' that is exactly
> what you want and 'Album Artist' which should usually be set to
> something like 'Various Artists' or maybe someone that is responsible
> for the compilation album.

Exactly, that's what I was trying to make clear to the OP:
the track artist should be possible to be different for each track,
but in THIS case the album artist could be "Joni Mitchell" so that
this Tribute album would be ordered with her own albums.

SO I fully applaud the split into track and album artists !
--