Re: [Banshee-List] empty tag are changed without using the reason

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 06:16 -0700, filpel wrote:
> filpel wrote:
> >
> > After that i charged my media library of only mp3, everytime that banshee
> > finds empty tags, it changes them using, for example, the name of the
> > folder of the file, if the song has an empty "album" tag.
> >
> > That's very stupid! I don't want it!!!
> >
> > If i don't want to insert a "album" tag, that's what i want... There is a
> > reason for that: on my "creative zen" i want to see only the albums in
> > which i have more than 1 song, i don't want to see 1000 album with 1000
> > different songs... I want to see only 6 albums, even if i have 1000 song,
> > and only 45 for those 4 albums...
> >
> > Right?
> >
> In other words, I WANT TO DISACTIVATE THE "FILE SYSTEM ORGANIZATION" that
> you can find in the preferences.
>
> AND i want that banshee watchs ONLY the real tags, and not that it invents
> it comparing with the file name or the folder to complete empty tags...

I think the "File System Organization" preferences are only used to
determined the path and filename when a file is copied in the library.
This only happens when the "Copy files to media folders when importing"
option is checked.

As far as I can tell, banshee 1.0 is only using the file name to fill
the "track title" tag when it is empty. This makes sense for me, because
if you import several untagged files, you at least need a way to
identity them in the banshee track list.

The folder name might have been used for the "album" in previous
versions, but I'm not sure. Which version are you using ?

Cheers,

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>