Re: [Banshee-List] Library setting (bug #535932)

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 05:59, julien cubizolles <j cubizolles free fr> wrote:
I noticed recently that you can't change anymore the library setting in
banshee-1 after you have imported some files. If you import a file when
the library setting is A then when you change it afterwards to B, the
location displayed in the properties dialog is B/file instead of A/file.
I don't think this is the behaviour intended.

So it says that the file is in B/file even though it's still located in A/file? Does the file still play in Banshee?

It's really annoying for me since I use at the same time two different
directories to store my music : ~/ogg (for everything I ripped) and
~/mp3 for everything else. I constantly have to switch from one library
setting to another...

Don't fight it. ;) Why do you use two different locations for your library? You can easily "filter" them by file type, but Banshee's designed for use with a single library, and I tend to think that's almost always the right idea.