Re: [Banshee-List] Library setting (bug #535932)

Le mercredi 09 juillet 2008 à 08:11 -0400, Andrew Conkling a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 05:59, julien cubizolles <j cubizolles free fr>
> wrote:
>         I noticed recently that you can't change anymore the library
>         setting in
>         banshee-1 after you have imported some files. If you import a
>         file when
>         the library setting is A then when you change it afterwards to
>         B, the
>         location displayed in the properties dialog is B/file instead
>         of A/file.
>         I don't think this is the behaviour intended.
>
> So it says that the file is in B/file even though it's still located
> in A/file? Does the file still play in Banshee?

Yes, the location displayed is wrong and the file won't play. You just
need to change the library setting back and you can play it again.

To me it looks like a severe bug.

> Don't fight it. ;) Why do you use two different locations for your
> library? You can easily "filter" them by file type, but Banshee's
> designed for use with a single library, and I tend to think that's
> almost always the right idea.

It's an historical thing : I've been using this setting since before
banshee... I could of course rearrange my files but I don't see why
banshee should impose this on me.