Re: [Banshee-List] A couple of griefs with banshee.

2008/7/3 Arafat Medini <arafato gmail com>:
When downloading your debs for ubuntu, and trying to install them, banshee asks me to delete Tomboy, f-spot and other apps! I thought that's weired.. It is the deb for hardy heron, which is the distro I use. And one of my main apps is tomboy!! Why should I get rid of it? I was very confused.

Doesn't sound right. Did you use the repository available on the PPA? https://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive It should properly handle dependencies. Make sure you choose the repository for the right version of Ubuntu.

It sounds like it was trying to upgrade/downgrade your Mono packages, which it shouldn't need to touch.

Good luck; post back if you have problems.
Andrew