Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee trunk, among other things

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 10:40 -0600, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> >    * There's a bunch of accepted-commitnow/unreviewed patches sitting
> > in the Bugzilla; some of them have already been put into
> > banshee-stable AFAIK, but their tickets haven't been closed. It'd also
> > be cool if the rest could be comitted/rejected, although this isn't
> > really a "quick, must do" thing. I'd do a bunch myself, but I'm not
> > quite sure what's in and what's not.
>
> This is not a situation we like or are proud of.  We've even talked
> about having an official Patch Manager who would be responsible for
> ensuring patches don't slip through the cracks/get ignored.  Looks
> like you're unofficially (for now) playing that role.  If you have the
> time, it would be really helpful if you could you give a more specific
> list of bugs/patches.

It's a never ending battle indeed. I was quite busy doing this until my
internship started (it even earned me a position in the annual bugzilla
stats). Having the big rewrite also doesn't help in bugzilla land, as it
means you have a load of bugs 'which will get fixed' and a load of them
'which will no longer be applicable'.

We should figure out what we'll do with these bugs.

And when trunk gets a release, let's fix all bugs shall we? :-)

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.savanne.be