Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee trunk, among other things

On Jan 22, 2008 11:40 AM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
On Jan 21, 2008 10:58 PM,  <hixon alexander mediati org> wrote:
>    * There's a bunch of accepted-commitnow/unreviewed patches sitting
> in the Bugzilla; some of them have already been put into
> banshee-stable AFAIK, but their tickets haven't been closed. It'd also
> be cool if the rest could be comitted/rejected, although this isn't
> really a "quick, must do" thing. I'd do a bunch myself, but I'm not
> quite sure what's in and what's not.

This is not a situation we like or are proud of.  We've even talked
about having an official Patch Manager who would be responsible for
ensuring patches don't slip through the cracks/get ignored.  Looks
like you're unofficially (for now) playing that role.  If you have the
time, it would be really helpful if you could you give a more specific
list of bugs/patches.

I've also been trying to help over the last few months, but it's hard because a) the patch authors don't reply to bugs, b) many of them don't even apply cleanly to the stable branch in SVN (at which point I'm not very savvy ;), or c) it's just plain hard to know how best to get a patch pushed forward.

For starters, here's a list of patches that have already been reviewed: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query=patch-status%3Aaccepted-commit_now+product%3Abanshee .

Problem is, there are 20 times that many that haven't been marked as reviewed. Alex, I don't know if you have bugzilla powers, but if not, definitely post a list of bugs with good patches that need to be marked ready to go. I can at least do that. :)

Cheers,
Andrew