Re: [Banshee-List] Podsleuth + iPod firmware update

Patryk,

Awesome!

About 1.5 years ago I started writing firmware updating code into
ipod-sharp. Most of that code is still useful I hope. I abandoned the
effort because Apple changed the way they delivered firmware updates to
the iPod and thus made it harder for us to replicate, so if you've
solved that new part of the problem, maybe we should start the effort
again in ipod-sharp.

The code I wrote is here:
http://anonsvn.mono-project.com/source/trunk/ipod-sharp/src/Firmware/

Now, maybe Apple completely changed how they package firmware and none
of this code is useful anymore. I don't know. It used to be a DMG image
with a bunch of raw firmware files in it. My code handled extracting
firmwares from the image, among a few other things, in 100% managed
code.

I can easily expose UpdaterFamilyID via PodSleuth, and I'll make that
change in svn soon.

Best,
Aaron