Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee trunk, among other things

Hi Alex,

On Jan 21, 2008 10:58 PM,  <hixon alexander mediati org> wrote:
> Just a few quick things:
>    * Trunk seems to crash on most of my songs. A simple fix of adding
> an additional  ArtistAlbumId == null check on line 90 of
> src/Core/Banshee.Core/Banshee.Collection/TrackInfo.cs appears to fix
> this; however, I'm not so sure that it should've even got to that
> stage. I haven't bothered with a bug report for this, since I'm not
> sure what you guys know is borked, and you also like to change trunk a
> hell of a lot (I'm not complaining :).

Fix committed, thanks!

>    * There's a bunch of accepted-commitnow/unreviewed patches sitting
> in the Bugzilla; some of them have already been put into
> banshee-stable AFAIK, but their tickets haven't been closed. It'd also
> be cool if the rest could be comitted/rejected, although this isn't
> really a "quick, must do" thing. I'd do a bunch myself, but I'm not
> quite sure what's in and what's not.

This is not a situation we like or are proud of.  We've even talked
about having an official Patch Manager who would be responsible for
ensuring patches don't slip through the cracks/get ignored.  Looks
like you're unofficially (for now) playing that role.  If you have the
time, it would be really helpful if you could you give a more specific
list of bugs/patches.

>    * On the subject of bugs, could somebody take a look at #426562 and
> tell me if it's good to go? Maintaining patches all the time gets
> boring. :D

I've commented on the bug.

>    * Is it just me, or is Planet down?

It's down, Aaron knows about it.  Hopefully will be back up within a few weeks.

Gabriel