Re: [Banshee-List] Commits list / Code reviews / Community

On Jan 18, 2008 3:04 PM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
If you want to read more on good free software community practices, I
suggest Karl Fogel's "Producing OSS" [2].  We are looking to implement
many of these ideas.  Any concrete complaints and suggestions for
improving our community are more than welcome.

[2] available free at http://producingoss.com/

Sounds like a good book.

With Banshee, I know that my desire to contribute is utterly and completely hindered by not being able to find my way around the source tree. The recent diagram added to the Roadmap helps, but it's still hard to find bite-size ways to help.

Realistically, I'll probably find my niche in working on plugins, but the lack of documentation has made it daunting to discover what's available to be done. Maybe I could help write some--sounds like a fun idea now that I'm thinking about it--but I'd have to figure it all out myself. :P

Man, I must sound like such a whiner!

Cheers,
Andrew