Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee.Web abstraction

On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 18:12 -0500, Michael Hutchinson wrote:
> If "UseShellExecute" is set to true, I'm pretty sure that starting a
> URL as a process in Windows will launch it in the default browser, or
> indeed open any document using the default handler. It might be useful
> for Mono to support that on all platforms if it doesn't already.

I think this is correct in more recent versions, though I do remember it
not working properly when we needed it originally, so I went with
Gnome.Open.

Essentially System.Diagnostics.Process just uses xdg-open underneath,
which hasn't existed for much more than a year IIRC. With Banshee trunk,
System.Diagnostics.Process is the way to go.

Cheers,
Aaron