Re: [Banshee-List] Thinking about Mono.Media

Hi all,

Thanks for taking into account what I mentioned for the AudioSource object.
I will just give a few more examples what can be useful I also what to note
that I don't have a very good understanding of the back ends and how they
work so I might be talking absolute nonsense.

1) I think it is a good idea to have the AudioSource object mutable this way
if there is some intense parsing (parsing ID3 tags for example) or loading
of a specific backend it can be done once and if get to play the same file
(AudioSource) again all this information will be reused. And the other
advantage in this case would be that the AudioSource object can manage back
ends more naturally and do a reference counting on Dispose() and unload any
unused ones.

2) Another good idea would be to remove the Source property of the
MediaPlayer object because this limits the design to playing just one audio
at a time. A MediaPlayer.Sources collection will probably be more useful
even if it is read-only and we add a new audio source by .Open(AudioSource
source).

Thanks,
 Vladimir Dimitrov