Re: [Banshee-List] Thinking about Mono.Media

Scott,

The problem with CrossFadeTo as you've described it is that it makes it very complicated to implement a feature like cross fading when one song transitions to the next. What an implementer would need to do is watch every tick event until Player.Time = Song.Time - crossFadeMilliseconds, then call CrossFadeTo (source, crossFadeMilliseconds). By making the Player class "smart", it could automatically request the next song at the predetermined transition time and do the proper transition with out the need for each application implementing its own system. What could be done is to have an abstract AudioPlayer class with abstract functions GetPreviousSource and GetNextSource. Then, a class like BansheePlayer could inherit AudioPlayer and do all its management on top of it. This would simplify a lot of the event handling that players have to do.

- Brian