Re: [Banshee-List] poor ipod quality

On 12/19/2008 02:21 PM, rodgersmc1 wrote:
 I'm attempting to recover my music after a Linux crash.  Most of it
 is on my iPod, which (after putting selinux in permissive mode) I can
 connect to Banshee and play the music as well as import into my music
 directory.  This all works.

 However, the quality blows.  Its static-y and often just cuts out
 half way through a song.  This is the case whether I try to play the
 songs off the ipod through Banshee, or copy from the ipod and play
 from the hd.  When I listen to the songs directly off my ipod,
 however, they are crystal clear. So there is a problem somewhere
 between the ipod and the connection to my computer.  Any ideas?  I
 have newest version of podsleuth and Banshee, and newest everything
 on Fedora 10 (at least, through the test updates repo's).

The problem is almost definitely with gstreamer or the audio setup on your computer. Download an MP3 from somewhere and try playing it in Totem. If the quality still sucks you know it's not anything to do with Banshee, your iPod or anything in between. :-) In that case, start asking Fedora users how to diagnose your problem.

Best of luck,
Sandy