Re: [Banshee-List] Album art issues in 1.2.1

Gabriel Burt wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:48 AM, zwaldowski <zwaldowski gmail com> wrote:
>> Now, most people would tell me, "Why don't you just have custom album
>> art?"
>> After all, the release notes for 1.2.1 state that
>> cover.jpg/folder.jpg/front.jpg supersede the album art searcher.  Um,
>> well... that's not true.  It simply doesn't.
>
> Yes, it does, but if Banshee already found/downloaded a cover art
> image in previous versions, it copied/cached it in
> ~/.cache/album-art/, and Banshee 1.2.1 won't even attempt to find it
> anywhere else.  Note that it also then copies/caches scaled versions
> in subdirectories of ~/.cache/album-art/.
>
> Gabriel

Okay, well this is a fresh install of Banshee 1.2.1 in a fresh install of
Ubuntu Hardy.

I've removed all caches of album art for the band (both in album-art and its
subdirectories).  I've made some progress:  opening Banshee again shows the
album art for those albums to be empty.  However, upon playing one of the
four albums, the cached one shows up again for all four (or is it
re-downloaded?).