Re: [Banshee-List] Audiobooks m4b

amlucent wrote:

> All my .m4b's play just fine with Amarok, try it for yourself. And as it
> stands now .m4b seems to me to be the preferred audiobook format because
> you can skip to chapters. If a free audiobook format came along that could
> do that I would gladly convert my collection, until then I would say that
> m4b support is a big deal to me. It is the largest reason I still use
> Amarok over Banshee.

Oh, thank you! I'd only previously tried with Totem-xine, Realplayer and
Banshee... It still doesn't display the chapter points (or am I missing
something?) but at least it plays them. So hopefully Banshee can be updated
to have at least the same functionality as Amarok.
I agree with you on the lack of open format - in fact m4bs are probably one
of my biggest reasons for using an iPod!