Re: [Banshee-List] HELP: Codec support question.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 5:38 AM, darius.regnier <darius regnier gmail com> wrote:
Wait just one minute, SoundJuicer uses gstreamer right? If SoundJuicer and
Banshee both use the same plugins, how come I can encode to aac and wav in
SoundJuicer but not in Banshee?

Because the question isn't really whether GStreamer supports it (we know it does) but whether the apps are utilizing everything available. If you can reproduce Derek's suggestion (get it working in Sound Juicer and then see what Banshee offers) then maybe there's a bug to report. (Well, I guess there is anyway, but it's a matter of what specifically needs to be done.)