Re: [Banshee-List] Playlist of unheard podcasts

On 9/20/06, Michael Monreal <infernux web de> wrote:

> Sound like you could just use rsync or unison on your podcast
> directory, or the whole music directory to replicate your downloads to
> various clients on the network. Is that what you meant?

No, no, not so complicated ;)

If you have a subscription of LUGRadio in rhythmbox¹ for example, and
then change to banshee you have to start from scratch. So you import
the podcast rss in banshee. Even if you copy your old episodes to the
right folder, banshee won't pick them up. Perhaps just add a quick
scan for changed files on startup of the extension and add new ones?
This would also help in the case where a file is broken somehow, you
delete it and banshee still thinks the file is there and gives a file not
found error if you try to play it.

Let me try again :-)

Are you talking about just not having to re-enter each one, but do it
all at once? OPML is an XML that allows you to collect lots of RSS
feeds in one file. At one point, Mike was talking about being able to
import and export the collection of feeds in OPML format. It would
probably be a good little project for someone.

I'd assume that an OPML import would then give the same options of
adding a single feed so that you could choose to import the latest.

Of course, if you're saying that the podcast files aren't associated
with the feed when you wipe out the database and re-import all your
music into the new database, then that's something else entirely. :-)
You could get around that with Smart Playlists also. I think I prefer
the Smart Playlists over the way the Podcast module displays things.
Most of my feeds have messed up dates like 1/1/0001 or something else
that makes them clumsy in the format and have data in columns the
podcast plugin doesn't show, plus I can rate my podcasts. :-)

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen