Re: [Banshee-List] Importing files problem, stops at 28%

I'll try that.  I'm in the uncomfortable spot in the linux world where I'm not satisfied with just using the preinstalled stuff...but not good enough yet with the CLI, etc., to get around all the problems.  I will be that much more experienced next time around, though, thanks to help from folks in the community like you guys.

Thanks

Roger

On 9/13/06, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini <efgiovanini gmail com> wrote:
Em Seg, 2006-09-11 às 20:26 -0500, Roger Scow escreveu:
> Thanks, Evandro!  That solved that problem, but now I have a new one.
> I installed gcc, because that was missing.  Now I get this message:
>
> checking for HELIX_REMOTE... configure: error: Package requirements
> (helix-dbus-server >= 0.2) were not met:
>
> No package 'helix-dbus-server' found
>

> I have searched in Synaptic, and also tried to apt-get it, without any
> hits.  I've got just about everything I know enabled in
> my /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> So, another newbie problem.  Can you point me in the right direction?
>
> Roger

Like Josiah mentioned, you can disable helix.

You can use APT to install all the build dependencies. For example:

$ sudo apt-get build-dep banshee

That command will only work if you enable the "deb-src" line with the
universe repository in your /etc/apt/sources.list.

Cheers,
Evandro