[Banshee-List] Importing files problem, stops at 28%

I am new to Banshee, and am having a problem importing tracks to the library.  I am using Ubuntu 6.0.6 on a MacBook.  The music files are on a firewire external hard drive, formatted HFS+.  The disk mounts without problems.  There are a total of 30, 280 files on the disk, mp3 and some mp4a files.

When I start the import, it goes fine until I reach 28% of the total, and then it stops and just sits there saying "scanning."  I do have the "add to music folder when importing" block UNCHECKED.

I have tried this import function 3 times.

Should I do something different?  Are filetypes causing problems?

Thanks,

ROger Scow