Re: [Banshee-List] Importing files problem, stops at 28%

I'm running it in debug mode, as you suggested.  I will take a look at the output it is loading into the terminal, and see what is going on.

Otherwise, I'll try to build it myself.  I'm new to building/compiling packages.  Will be fun.

Roger

On 9/11/06, Stephen Holmes <stephen onedotone com> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 18:59 -0500, Roger Scow wrote:
> I am new to Banshee, and am having a problem importing tracks to the
> library.  I am using Ubuntu 6.0.6 on a MacBook.  The music files are
> on a firewire external hard drive, formatted HFS+.  The disk mounts
> without problems.  There are a total of 30, 280 files on the disk, mp3
> and some mp4a files.
>
> When I start the import, it goes fine until I reach 28% of the total,
> and then it stops and just sits there saying "scanning."  I do have
> the "add to music folder when importing" block UNCHECKED.
>
> I have tried this import function 3 times.
>
> Should I do something different?  Are filetypes causing problems?

Can you launch banshee in debug mode (banshee --debug) to see if it
provides any additional information?