[Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't recognize Internet connection

I'm also new to Banshee, and I really like its features. My only problem is that when there is a music CD in the drive, Banshee cannot download the album and track information because it thinks there is no Internet connection. My guess (probably wrong) is that it's looking for an Ethernet card, when in fact I have a USB wireless connection.

Other media players like Rhythmbox and Sound Juicer do not have this problem -- they detect the connection immediately.

I'm running Ubuntu 6.06.1 (Dapper); the Banshee version is 0.9.3.1.

Any help would be *much* appreciated.  Thanks.

Jerry
Tucson AZ