Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't recognize Internet connection

On 9/12/06, Jerry Palsson <aa6ki arrl net> wrote:
I'm also new to Banshee, and I really like its
features.  My only problem is that when there is a
music CD in the drive, Banshee cannot download the
album and track information because it thinks
there is no Internet connection.  My guess
(probably wrong) is that it's looking for an
Ethernet card, when in fact I have a USB wireless
connection.

Other media players like Rhythmbox and Sound
Juicer do not have this problem -- they detect the
connection immediately.

I'm running Ubuntu 6.06.1 (Dapper); the Banshee
version is 0.9.3.1.

Any help would be *much* appreciated.  Thanks.

Jerry
Tucson AZ

Banshee uses network-manager (if installed) to detect the internet connection. If its not there, it assumes a connection, but if network-manager cannot see a connection, banshee will not see it either. I don't know if this is your problem, but I had it at one stage.

Matt