Re: [Banshee-List] {OT} DAAP vs. NFS

I think snorp said that there was a simple example that he shipped
with his daap-sharp or one of the other packages he has written in C#
that can be used on an X-less machine. You may have to beef it up a
bit but I think in C# that would not be a problem.

Check the source code of daap-sharp for a simple client:
http://www.snorp.net/log/daap-sharp/

On 10/25/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 10/25/06, Grant <emailgrant gmail com> wrote:
> Andrew, could you tell me about the NFS problems?

Below is a message I posted to the list a few days ago.  I'm fairly
sure that such problems--no updates, crufty files building up in the
library--wouldn't be there if files were served over DAAP.  Maybe
someone could confirm?  I'd certainly appreciate more information
about my question.

Also, I'd be interested to know if there's a speed difference between
DAAP and NFS.  I'd expect that if there is one, DAAP would have the
advantage, because (theoretically and only in my mind) it's
transferring less information over the network?  It would seem that
NFS is giving the whole file, whereas perhaps DAAP is giving less?

Cheers,
Andrew