Re: [Banshee-List] library auto-update?

Matt Arnold escribió:
> When I move a folder or files of music that is in my Banshee library,
> the program doesn't know where to find them. It just gives me an error
> message when I try to play them.
>
> It doesn't handle this gracefully by automatically trying to play
> something else. It just stops playing any music at all, until I come
> back into the room and attend to it.
>
> It doesn't seem to have any function to go looking through the library
> for out-of-date locations and report them all to me, so they're
> waiting in hiding. When I do find them, Banshee makes me re-import the
> file or folder that I moved, which causes the songs to be duplicated
> in my library, and I don't know which one is real until I try to play
> them.
>
> Does Banshee already have functionality that will ease the laborious
> process after I change the file structure in my Music folder? If not,
> can there be a feature added to the program to scan the Music folder
> looking for files with the same embedded metadata as the files it has
> lost, and replace them in the Banshee listing?

Hello, I am a novice user (and hopefully developer) and I was wondering
the same about something like a "synced source" that could be able to
resync by demand, removing deleted songs and adding new songs.

I wonder, isn't there any way or workaround for doing this? I will see
if I can develop it, but I don't know how much time it will take for me.
I would like to hear any comments that could anyone have regarding this
feature, for example, should it be made as a plugin or an option in the
core?

Regards,

	Andrés	[ knocte ]