Re: [Banshee-List] MTP support for Banshee...

Oops, my bad. This is a bug/conflict between banshee and libgphoto2_port. Duh, I totally forgot to put this in the howto :)

libgphoto2_port has a driver that supports usb mass storage, and it makes some HAL calls that screw with Banshee.Dap. I don't know how to fix this other than disable the library. Yes, this is a big oops :)

As long as you don't use libgphoto2 to access a mass storage camera, you'll be fine doing this (as root):

rm /usr/local/lib/libgphoto2_port/0.6.0/disk.*

Then try Banshee again :)

As long as it works, the debug output on the line that says "Device: vendor=xxxx product=xxxx" should return something other than -1 :)

My internet at my apartment is out, so I'm not on IRC much if at all...but I read the mailing list at work. Let me know how it turns out!

Patrick

--
Patrick "Trick" van Staveren
Western Michigan University