Re: [Banshee-List] New podcast oriented features from digg

On 12/18/06, Mike Urbanski <urbanskm msoe edu> wrote:
Hi,

A new podcast directory service from digg was launched earlier this
morning.  While your digg mileage may vary, this may be worth a look.

Nifty stuff:

* Clean layout.
* Functional Search.
* Per-feed and per-episode ratings.
* In browser playback of both audio and video podcasts.
* OPML feeds of your dugg podcasts.  (Banshee OPML support coming very
soon)

Not so nifty stuff:

* Seems to have issues with some, mostly non-iTunes, feeds.
* It's digg.

Interesting and a nice new approach for finding podcasts. Is there a
way to differentiate from audio and video? Will the plugin be able to
determine this or be able to play the audio without the video? Last I
knew Banshee had no plans to do video stuff.

I'm looking forward to OPML support. Then I could keep synced between
GoogleReader, banshee and Digg. That probably matters more to me since
I don't have an iPod. I listen to most of my podcasts through
GoogleReader at this point because of the ability to access it from
any good web connection.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen