[Banshee-List] Question About Getting Ratings and Playlists off of iPod

Hi there, This is my first post so please be nice.

I just installed ubuntu mint and banshee on my girlfriend's laptop after windows crashed, and I imported her ipod into banshee's library. However, none of the ratings or playlists went over. How can I get these into banshee? Would they transfer to banshee if I synced it with the ipod, or would that just erase them?

Thanks for your help!