Re: Configuring multiple SMTP hosts

On 2022-03-13 08:54:39 AM, Albrecht Dreß via balsa-list wrote:
Hi Peter & Mike!

Am 13.03.22 00:03 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
I don't recall that Balsa ever used the domain to pick a server, but it seems like a good idea!

I actually wrote code for re-working the authentication and for probing servers based upon the domain name in the context of the OAuth2 implementation (Balsa issue #40). The latter project is somewhat “stalled”, though, basically because it is apparently extremely difficult to get approval from the providers (Google, Yahoo; Microsoft is more or less working) for a non-commercial Open Source project without external audits etc.

I could try to extract the authentication and probing code (also related to issue #55) into an new branch, but without the actual OAuth2 implementation (which would then just be an additional method, plus the OAuth2 layer implementation). This shouldn't be too difficult. What do you think?

Best,
Albrecht.

Is this related to some recent email I got from google, saying in part:

On May 30, you may lose access to apps that are using less secure sign-in technology

*What do you need to do?*

*Email software, like Outlook 2016 or earlier,* has less secure access to your Gmail. Switch to Office 365, Outlook 2019 or newer, or any other email
software where you can sign in using *Sign in with Google*.

I've been wondering if this is going to cut off my gmail POP access with Balsa, but I'm really pretty clueless as to what is going on here.

-Mike