Re: Debuggin by environment variable instead of compile time. Was: GIT version - no display of html messages

Hi Peter:

Am 07.07.18 20:49 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
Albrecht has been making that change in various places, using g_debug() instead of various printing calls.
I've just done the same in the HTML code, so you can run Balsa with:

G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=html src/balsa

Ooops, looks as if we had the same idea at the same time…

to turn on the debugging output--no editing or recompilation. We need to do that more completely--it's just a
chore!

Yes, there is *a lot* more which should switch to std logging…

Cheers
Albrecht.