Re: GIT version - no display of html messages

Hi Peter,

On 2018.07.04 23:39, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Jack,

On 07/04/2018 03:04:38 PM Wed, Jack via balsa-list wrote:
…
Also - just FYI I filed a gentoo bug to update balsa to 2.5.6, and also asked why the gtkspell option had been removed. I will now also ask why they don't include the option for using gtkhtml.

I haven't been able to view HTML message parts with gtkhtml for some time. If the part needs scrolling, I just get a blank window; scrolling it may show flickering fragments of the content, but then the window goes blank again. Balsa must be using the widget in a way that it does not expect, but I've no idea why. Webkit works out of the box, so I've had no motivation to dig into the issue☺
Actually, I just tried, and I get the same problem. Once I figure out why webkit2 isn't currently working, I might play with this a bit, but I agree, it's not a high priority.

But I couldn't argue strongly for including the option for using gtkhtml!

Best,

Peter
Jack