Re: GIT version - no display of html messages

Hello Peter and Helmut,

On 2018.06.22 08:14, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 06/22/2018 06:20:09 AM Fri, Helmut Jarausch via balsa-list wrote:
I have a big problem.
The GIT version of BALSA doesn't display any message which are written in html.
I just ran into the same problem.

On the other hand, stepping back to balsa-2.5.3 (Gentoo) solves this problem but I cannot send any messages, I always get

Relaying refused:
530: #5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
That may be an issue with libesmtp, which Balsa was using for sending in 2.5.3, and which has been replaced in newer versions.

For the GIT version I have configured BALSA with

--with-html-widget=webkit2 --with-html-widget=no

Is that wrong?
Helmut - did you get that from the ebuild line "$(usex webkit --with-html-widget=webkit2 --with-html-widget=no)" ? If so it means that if the webkit use flag is set run configure with --with-html-widget=webkit2, otherwise use --with-html-widget=no. So - if you check an actual ebuild/emerge build log, I think you will find one or the other, not the repeated version.

Also - just FYI I filed a gentoo bug to update balsa to 2.5.6, and also asked why the gtkspell option had been removed. I will now also ask why they don't include the option for using gtkhtml.

I'm not sure how those repeated 'with-html' options are handled; to have HTML parts shown, just use '--with-html-widget=webkit2'.
That "usex" line in the ebuild (the gentoo file with all the build instructions for the package) is how they specify alternate config options. I'm wondering if Helmut just copied from that file in creating the configure line he actually used.

Best,

Peter
Note that right clicking on the HTML message part, and opening in a browser seems to either show the content correctly, or just display the <HTML> source. Helmut - can you confirm this? If so, the issue seems to be perhaps somewhere in webkit2.

Also - I am currently stuck on trying to compile from git-head because balsa.desktop.in.in seems to be missing, at least for me. Is this known, a temporary issue, or something local to my setup?

Jack